Interim Part-Time Minister of Music & Worship
Westwood Baptist Church, Cary is seeking an interim part-time music and worship leader. The position is envisioned to work 20-25 hours per week. Westwood is currently a 600 member church constituted on September 20, 1992. We are affiliated with the Cooperative Baptist Fellowship. We are a community of believers worshiping God, making disciples, and sharing Christ’s love.
• Plan congregational worship in cooperation with the pastor, staff ministers, music and worship team
• Serve as worship leader, providing music and creative worship experiences for all worship services including Sunday morning, seasonal services such as Christmas and Easter and other special occasions as assigned
• Involve members of the congregation in the worship experience
• Direct the adult choir in preparation for Sunday morning worship and other worship experiences
• Provide and equip leadership for other music groups including hand bells, orchestra, ensembles, youth praise band, senior adult choirs, Back Porch String Band, instrumentalist for all services in coordination with the Music and Worship Team.
• Lead the Music and Worship Team
• Serve as the staff liaison with the Sound Team for audio and video services
We desire a candidate with a working knowledge of the fundamentals of music and experience in choral direction in order to lead the congregation in a worship experience. The candidate should possess good leadership, communication and organizational skills and have a passion for worship.
To Apply: Send cover letter, resume, and statement of faith (testimony) to David Erwin, Personnel Comm Chair Westwood Baptist Church, 200 Westhigh St., Cary, NC 27513 or email@example.com.